Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder: 4-part Mini CourseRegular price $99.00
Working one-on-one with a student with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) can be intimidating at first. However, educating yourself on the unique complexities of this disorder can benefit you in understanding how to best support your student(s). This introductory course will dive into the diagnosis of ASD and take an in-depth look at common attributes, severity levels, related conditions and common interventions.
Gain valuable insight into ASD from Behavioral Education Specialist Dr. Shaana Berman, Ed.D, BCBA. As a credentialed education specialist and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Dr. Berman has worked in homes, schools, and communities to improve the experiences of people with learning differences. She is the founder and clinical director of Positive Behavior and Learning, an international training and consultation platform designed to promote best practices in education for students with special needs, aged 18 months to adulthood.
During this webinar you will:
- Learn the core features of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Learn about Person-First Language.
- Learn the definitions and prevalence of ASD.
- Learn the risk factors and theories of ASD causation.
- Learn the diagnostic criteria of ASD and how ASD is diagnosed.
- Learn the specifics of ASD's three severity levels.
- Learn about related conditions to ASD.
- Learn about the "Red Flags" and when to seek an assessment.
- Learn and understand the purpose of common interventions for ASD.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Featured Guest: Shaana Berman, Ed.D, BCBA